ESG mentoring with the Kwangwoon University
Today we had the immense pleasure to host an engaging ESG workshop with a delegation of students from the Department of Environmental Engineering at the Kwangwoon University in South Korea!
Taejun Kang, Ilgwang Hwang and Jongho Moon came over to our City office in Tallis Street (London, UK) to meet us and discuss about a number of ESG topics such as:
- Water quality measurements and what the UK government is doing to regulate newly discovered contaminants
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission trading schemes and liquidity demand/supply management
- Evaluation criteria and standards adopted by the most popular ESG frameworks and rating schemes
- Current social, economic and political constraints to meet ESG objectives
- Differences between the Korean and British strategies in promoting energy independence and reducing carbon dioxide emissions
- Plastic and carbon taxes in South Korea, the EU and the UK
- Pro and cons of solar power generation
- Design thinking brainstorming when designing modern cities
- General advice to future environmentalists
We have thoroughly enjoyed the conversation, filled with very relevant and far-reaching sustainability discussions, and led by three bright, polite and enthusiastic visitors who reminded us why we set up a purpose-driven company whose existence can inspire, innovate and create positive impacts around us!