Are you interested in a dynamic career in sustainability? We would like to expand our team, so feel free to reach out to us with a brief covering letter in English and your CV.
The positions listed below are now open.
Senior sustainability consultant
E.S.G. Solutions is looking for a highly motivated and passionate sustainability professional to join our boutique consultancy at a very exciting time, as we help international clients drive the integration of ESG in their businesses and deliver shaped change at all levels in their organisations and for this amazing planet. We are proud to be a truly client-centric business and you will be joining our growing team of consultants, reporting directly to the founder, with responsibilities to independently manage the technical deliveries and allow the company to meet its financial targets and grow its profile in the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver (and/or supervise the delivery of) carbon reduction and energy efficiency audits including ESOS compliance, net zero carbon strategies, site sustainability audits, sub-metering implementation and similar assessments;
- Help certify assets against the most common industry standards e.g. BREEAM In-Use, Fitwel, Energy Performance Certification, Display Energy Certification;
- Conduct site surveys in the UK and abroad (a lot of them!) to visit our clients’ assets;
- Manage junior members of the team and/or sub-contractors who will support you with the technical and administrative tasks required to complete the projects;
- Help manage client relationships (including attending client meetings as required) and identify potential leads and new business opportunities;
- Support the founder with the business development and marketing agenda (produce clear, effective and creative documents, charts, infographics, graphs, presentations, reports and marketing pieces; draft some powerpoint presentations and set the background for some of the new fee proposals);
- Conduct research and investigation into industry trends, best practices, key ESG topics, etc. and write informative articles on the website blog and Linkedin, either on hot topics about sustainability or some narrative about past project that we have completed (or are about to complete);
- Lead by example and help the founder build a team of enthusiastic consultants who will deliver high quality services for our clients;
- Ensure that clear personal and collective financial targets are set and successfully met;
- Provide support with the digitalisation agenda (review the company’s current procedures, propose some changes and help implement them).
- (desirable) Undertake energy modelling (SBEM/Steady state heat transfer or Dynamic Simulation Modelling) to support clients with their carbon risk management including MEES advice in the UK.
The successful candidates for this position will:
- Need to demonstrate relevant experience and competence in delivering sustainability-related corporate reporting projects, ideally in the real estate investment and asset management sector;
- Be very familiar with the industry key frameworks and standards e.g. net zero carbon, GRESB, CRREM, INREV, GHG emissions, SECR, etc.;
- Have a strong work ethic with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive priorities and excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Work independently with little-to-no oversight on the various projects and identify and communicate issues before they become problems;
- Be able to propose solutions derived from scientific and social arguments rather than just relying on instructions;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, strong organisational and analytical skills;
- Be accountable for completing work on time and support colleagues as required;
- Provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients;
- Be fluent in English (ideally in a second language too) with excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding attention to detail;
- Develop subject matter expertise in a specific sector and/or service offering;
- Show a high degree of initiative, proactiveness, drive, enthusiasm, energy and follow through;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The positions will be based in the UK and we promote a very flexible working culture, focused on delivering impactful results and reaching goals. Rather than relying on timesheets we simply encourage everybody in the team to keep track of their good work for the regular performance reviews with management, to promptly report progress and challenges to the rest of the team, to maintain the highest standard throughout the delivery of the various projects, to support the company to win new business and raise its profile in the industry, ideally via thought-provoking articles on our blog and LinkedIn channel or via breakfast seminars and other promotional events (to be agreed with management) where we offer our industry insight to a selected audience of prospect clients who want to hear more details about specific topics.
We want you to be just a responsible individual who appreciates what makes the business sustainable and financially sound, around whom to grow a great team of enthusiastic consultants who feel truly empowered to make a positive impact in life and at work.
Salary and benefits:
- Your starting salary will depending on your RELEVANT work experience in a consultancy practice to deliver billable tasks. We are contacted by head hunters on a weekly basis, have extensive experience of the international market and will be able to make you a fair offer.
- You are entitled to 20 days’ paid holiday during each holiday year, plus a day’s holiday on your birthday, plus the usual public holidays in England and Wales (typically 8), plus one additional day per year for the purposes of moving home.
- Private pension scheme.
- Payment of annual membership fees for relevant professional bodies.
- Company bonus scheme (discretionary and based on performance of course).
- Optical Care e-vouchers scheme.
- Pret’s coffee subscription (yep, that’s 5 of any barista-made drinks, any size, any milk, every day including weekends)
- If you choose to work from home full time, we will still provide you with laptop, mobile, screens, chair with lumbar support, etc.
- You’ll just feel blessed to wake up in the morning and crack on with work!
Give us a shout, we’re waiting for you!